The following links have been reviewed and approved by Cats at Home:
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- The American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) improves the health and welfare of cats by supporting high standards of practice, continuing education, and scientific investigation.
- Cat Friendly Practice
Established by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) and the International Society for Feline Medicine (ISFM), the Cat Friendly Practice® program is a global initiative designed to elevate care for cats by reducing the stress for the cat, caregiver, and also the entire veterinary team. Topics covered include Cat Care at Home, Keep your cat healthy, Diseases, Be a cat friendly caregiver, and the Toy Box.
This website is an initiative created to increase awareness about proper cat health and to demystify cat behaviour, helping cats live healthier, happier lives. This is to inform people about health issues with cats so they can ask the best questions to their Veterinarian.
Supporting Cat Health with Information and Health Studies, this website is affiliated with Cornell Veterinary College which established the only Feline Health Center in North America.
This website’s mission is to To engage, educate and empower people throughout the world to improve the health and welfare of cats by sharing advice, training and passion.
The goal is to enhance the health and welfare of companion animals world-wide so that all pets and their caregivers can experience optimal well-being. Optimal well-being permits individuals to thrive in their environments. By giving caregivers the information and tools needed to recognize thriving in their pets, and to create an environment that permits them to thrive across their lifespan, we aim to sustain the highest quality relationship between pets and their owners possible. The Indoor Pet Initiative (IPI) provides a foundation for pet owners and veterinarians to create plans tailored to promote thriving that are based on the soundest, most up-to-date science available.
With the increasing prevalence of diabetes in cats, more owners are discovering that their cats are afflicted with this very manageable health condition. This website offers excellent information to become familiar with how to help your diabetic cat enjoy a longer life with you.
- Canadian Animal Rescue & Extended Shelter (CARES) – cats only
- TLC Pet Adoptions – cats only
- Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association (VOKRA) – cats only
- Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) – all companion animals
- Critter Care Wildlife Society – wildlife only
- Petplan Pet Insurance
- Pets + Us
- Petsecure is Canada’s trusted market leader in pet health insurance with over 1.2 million pets cared for. Protect yourself against unexpected veterinary costs with a variety of plans to match your needs.
Pet Medical Financing
- This is Canada’s number 1 Veterinary Financing Company. They offer special financing every time you use it with low monthly payment options, no up-front costs or pre-payment penalties. By answering a short questionnaire you can qualify very quickly over the phone.
Pet Loss Support
- Daybreak Counselling Services
- Daybreak Counselling, a Surrey based program, aims to provide a broad range of support services for adults and adolescents who may be faced with: grief and loss, long-term illness or injury, life transitions, stress, anxiety, or, depression.
- Pet Loss Support
- This site offers ten tips on how to deal with pet loss.